The Strahov Monastic Brewery is located close by to the Prague Castle in the building of the Strahov Monastery, which was founded by King Vladislav II in 1142. The first documentation on the brewery come form the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries. The decision on the construction of a new and fully functional brewery, where the restaurant is today, was made by Abbot Kaspar Questenberg in 1628. The brewery was closed in 1907, and the buildings were used solely as farm houses. The brewery was restored only three years ago, in 2000, during an extensive and difficult reconstruction of the entire complex. The current Strahov Monastic Brewery offers to its guests a total capacity of 230 seats in three peculiar environments the brewery itself, St. Norbert Restaurant and Brewery Courtyard.
Each space has a specific atmosphere and use.